Wednesday 18 September 2013

My wire crafts

On our years travel last year we were invited by my husband's grandmother to go and stay with her for a few months. Obviously it was more than a pleasure to take her up on that offer! 
We stayed in the Strand on the coast and it was absolutely beautiful. Apart from the whole 'getting eaten by a shark' fear it was one of the best holidays ever. In the local open market by the sea there were a few very talented guys with some pliers and some galvanised wire at the ready for any passing customers who might want their name fashioned for a decoration at a very reasonable price. Heres one we picked up in SA.




Although they seemed to do it twice as neat and fast as I felt I could ever do it... I still felt very inspired, so on coming home and finding pliers and wire in the man drawer (new novelty for this married lady)thought I'd give it a shot. I was pretty proud of my first efforts but found it a little plain. Looking on good ol pinterest I found that someone had spruced up their wire creation by wrapping wool around it

In our new flat, along a long line of flats people are forever calling up asking where our flat is so to point people in the right direction I thought this little hanging name sign would be perfect. I always like to add a little colour into the world too and thats one thing our front door definitely needs!I decided to mix up the colours of wool and I've got to say I feel very proud of the result!It was much easier than I thought! What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment