Tuesday 17 September 2013

My sketches..

The year after I finished sixth form I decided to take a year out before uni and before I knew it I ended up in Ghana. One of the best years of my life. Completely eye opening and heart opening and even more. I definitely couldn't put all my experiences, thoughts and feelings down in one sitting. I lived in the rural north of Ghana for six months with a friend. I hear broadband has been boosted in that area now, but when we were living there we didn't have any internet or TV and it was BOILING outside. So the normal entertainments I took for granted as a teenager had gone down the drain. But from it I was able to have a go at different hobbies I'd always longed to try. My main and I feel my most successful one was sketching.
I literally paused a movie on the PC I had and started sketching and found that I wasn't half bad when you could actually tell it was a person... then even more specifically who it was. I know I have a lot to learn about the technicalities of drawing and looking at fine art still blows me away feeling like I'm completely incompetent, but I still feel I'm on my way there. 

So here are my first few attempts straight from sunny Africa.







No comments:

Post a Comment